My mom being the naturalista that she is, she's always been a great source of simple and at home beauty tips. So many of these things are common knowledge now with the vastness of the internet, but they are things my mom taught me growing up and I totally endorse them!
1. Puffy Eyes? Try tea bags! Whenever I have a really good cry I always wake up the next morning with big puffy eyes. I remember the first time my mom suggested I put tea bags on my eyes I thought it was absurd, but it works! Prepare tea as you normally would, once the water is at a temperature safe to put on your eyes (lukewarm-ish) squeeze most of the water from the teabags and lay back and place them on your eyes for about 15-20 minutes. Tea is a diuretic for the body which when placed on the skin is basically an 'astringent', that same factor helps to absorb and sort of 'dissolve' the puffiness.
2. ALWAYS use an upward motion when applying makeup! If you use liquid foundation, or even when you're applying your daily moisturizer using upward motions is less 'stressful' on the skin. If you're pulling down you can only imagine what will happen in the long run!
3. Drink plenty of water. If you were to see my mom at any point in her day, she'll be accompanied by her big bottle of water and let me tell you her skin is radiant. Healthy glowing skin depends as much on what you put in your body as well as what you put on the outside.
4. Remove ALL makeup before bed! Now this is something I have to admit to skipping occasionally. I definitely make it a point in my nightly routine but you know how it is moms...sometimes you just pass out from exhaustion! This is very important though! Failing to remove your makeup means all that 'crap' is just caking and suffocating your face all night. Use makeup removing wipes at the least if you don't feel like washing your face. Your pores will thank you!
5. Get your beauty sleep! This may be the hardest of all, but it is necessary! If you can, be sure to get between 5 and 7 hours of sleep each night. We know how important sleep is for kids...it's when they grow! For us, it's a time for our systems to refresh and recover for the day ahead. Be kind to yourself & get some sleep!
What's your favorite beauty tip passed on from mom?
Share it in the comments! I love comments :)