Sunday, October 17, 2010

My #bwe10 Experience



Being a part of BlogWorld New Media Expo as a new blogger was an amazingly inspiring experience. I was able to meet so many wonderful bloggers; some of whose blogs I had been reading before even starting a blog myself! Not to mention the invaluable information passed along in the conference sessions.


To me, BlogWorld Expo truly affirms that Social Media is not a mere ‘fad’ but rather a whole new way of communicating with our world neighbors! I met bloggers, entrepreneurs, social media mavens and connected with wonderfully unique and down-to-earth individuals from all over the world!


The social media community is one of forward thinkers, and in that I find solace. To be in a room full of people who work hard each day to make life work for them is amazing.


IZEA, a company who is to me a great example of fresh new thinking in social media was my ticket sponsor to BlogWorld. (you can see my contest entry and info here.) During the Expo, Ted Murphy the Founder of IZEA was bathed in milk and cereal for charity! It was definitely a great interactive experience that took guts because it was cold in that expo hall. Here’s a glimpse:







Also, while at BlogWorld I won a spot on Blog Talk Radio! I was absolutely thrilled for the opportunity and although thoroughly nervous during the interview, I think I was able to get through it without making a complete fool of myself….you be the judge:


         
Listen to internet radio with Live at BWE2010 on Blog Talk Radio

Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg! My time at #bwe10 in Las Vegas was rich, new and enjoyable. I can’t wait to share more with you this week!